Followers

Thursday 13 October 2011

Moving Along With An ATC

Good Morning Blog world, hope everything is well in your lives - mine is very quiet and very different from the last few months. I'm still not getting a lot posted but I am trying to get ahead with my DT makes and just finishing off the last of the invites.

Which brings me to the reason for my post today, Thursday can only mean one thing......Time for a new challenge at
And this week Big Boss Lady (bow to her power) Hazel has set us a different challenge
Make An ATC
Now they may be small but this was a huge challenge for me as I've never made one in fact I've never even seen one, but armed with a brief description, some precise measurements and a piece of card that Lisa was playing with during hers and Pam's visit....this was born!
One of the hardest things was trying to photograph it without it blurring - I had to use the macro in the end so that it was legible. The snow effect was done by finely misting bleach on to the ink dusted background, Lisa is just full of fantastic idea's! The snowflake brad is from Karen Foster.

Now I don't DO ATC's, so if anyone reading this collects them and wants it the first person to leave me a comment with their address can have it!

Don't forget to visit the main challenge blog to see what my lovely friends have made for your inspiration and to see if you made the top 3 or better, won last week. 

We are sponsored this week by
and they are giving this fab prize to this weeks winner
Happy crafting

Love 'n' Hugs Laurie xx

I would like to enter this into the following challenge:
Die Cut Dreams - Use a Poem

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh you made that piece of card look fabulous !
It would look fab as a topper on a bigger card... i must go and get that poem!... lol
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh it looks fab hunnie...I agree with Lisa would look great on a card!
Thank you so much for my card & prezzie hun, you didn't have to....thank you xxx

Hugs Shell xx

Jill said...

Your card is fab and the poem is great!
I think I will have a go at this challenge as I never have done one before :)
Well, I have done a challenge before, but not a ATC card :) LOL
Love that gem!
Wishing you a fabulous thursday and I am glad to hear that thing are easying down for you!
Lots of hugs, Jill

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Love the ATC!! I do ATC's and would be so happy to give yours a home! Just stumbled upon your blog today, found your ATC in a sidebar on another blog, and it brought me here! Love the poem, and the sleigh, snowflake! ATC's are great, I look at them as miniature canvases or pieces of art!
My address is S.Field PO Box 8785 Jacksonville, Fl. 32239.
Hugs,
Sharon F.

downrightcrafty said...

oh this is one gorgeous creation and use of the great poem:) thank you for joining us at DCD
Hugs Kate xx
DCD GDT
ps I have some candy if you are interested:)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super Laurie, I love it, what a great ATC and well Done on it being your first one, Love Hazelxoxo

Berry said...

This is so fab Laurie! I have never made one either and wouldn't know where to start! Fab job hugs Rebekah xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation Laurie, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sue B said...

Oh I love this Laurie! The background is just stunning!!! really shows off the sleigh and reindeer! One of my favourite Christmas poems too. Love the snowflake brad - it's gorgeous. You have done really good job of your first ATC!!!
Hope you are having a great week!
Love n Hugs!
Sue xx

Val said...

Fantabulous - really like this - great snow effect.
Hugs
Valxx

Debs said...

This is fabulous Laurie - love the background and the snowflake is stunning!
Thanks for the lovely words about the Grandchildren - I'm so proud of them I feel fit to burst sometimes lol!!!
Have a fab evening.
Debs xx

Christine L said...

Hi Laurie......
I LOVE that spray bleach background... it looks just like snow! And of course, the poem has to be an all time favourite with all us Christmas lovers..

Thanks for joining in the 'use a poem' challenge at Die Cut Dreams..
Hugs
Christine x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous atc.
luv
Debby

Pami said...

This looks wondeful as an ATC Laurie!! Really love how it has turned out! Pami x

Mummylade said...

this is a brilliant project! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge at DCD and good luck!

Unknown said...

Love your ATC hunni. I have always loved that rhyme and you have used it beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams this time for our Use a Poem challenge. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Susie Sugar said...

Love your ATC darling the poem is fab and the background
Thanks for joining in our poetic challenge at Diecut Dreams
Hugs Susie Sugar xxx