Followers

Monday 21 February 2011

Totally Edwin

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well today, thank you for stopping by my little blog. Today I want to share with you a card I made for the Totally Tilda challenge 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' I wasn't sure if only Edwin was allowed so, to cover myself on that I added Tilda as a butterfly!

I have used my fabulous, favourite, fantastic 'Fairy Flora' paper pad from Prima (thats a bit of a tongue twister for a monday morning!) and I have distressed it to within an inch of its life to qualify for the challenge over at Magnolia Down Under. The colours on these papers are so lovely I'm only bringing myself to use it because I bought two pads! Bunny Zoes Craft challenge want to see 'Spring Flowers Everywhere' Magnolia-licious Highlites are having a brilliant Blog Hop involving Mini Tilda's & a Spring theme which you should all check out they have an amazing DT. All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge 'Birthday' theme is still on  (this is my 2nd & last entry)
7 Kids College Fund  theme of 'Squares' is still running and this is my entry No. 2 of the maximum 3.
I have used Edwin catching Butterflys and Love Fence Doo Hickey Die both from Magnolia, I painted the fence with Antique Linen Crackle Paint, the flowers are from Magnolia and Wild Orchid, the Butterfly is from Craft Essential and the image was coloured with Aqua Markers which I got from Joanna Sheen. It was the first time I have used them - I have a long way to go to master them!!

Thanks for looking especially to those of you that leave a comment and make my day!! I got 30 comments the other week and I was beside myself with joy!! Simple things - please simple minds!!
Love Laurie x x

14 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Laurie - i love this little garden scene - and those papers are gorgeous .. you were brave to use them lol.. Edwin looks like he is just about to catch Little Tilda .. so cute .
Lisa ;)

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Laurie. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Sue B said...

Hi Laurie,

I love this card! What a beautiful garden scene with the antique fence -and the flowers are gorgeous - I can almost smell them! Love the idea of Tilda as a butterfly. You have coloured them really well! I have a few AquaMarkers and they are quite different! - I think they are more like watercolour painting. Seeing your wonderful colouring has made me want another go with them. I've only got about 3 shades though!!! it would have to be monochrome maybe LOL

Hugs Sue xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous garden creation..you were right to cover yourself..if you use Edwin you do HAVE to use a TILDA also, love the layout fab colour combo ..thanks for sharing with us at TOTALLY TILDA chall this wk.

smiles Christine TT DT & girlies xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, i love it!
Very creative scene. The papers are gorgeous.
I like Tilda hanging up there :)
Hugs xx

Pami said...

Hi Laurie, I love how you made this scene, its gorgeous and made me smile! Its lovely. Pami x

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Laurie, this is so delightful! Your background dp is gorgeous and with the added embellies it's a beautiful spring scene. No wonder Edwin is so happily chasing the butterflies! Thanks so much for jumping in on the February Magnolia hop challenge...hugs...Barb

Unknown said...

OMGOSH Your card is so wonderful!! I love how you have Edwin running through the gate chasing little tilda butterflies!! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Mina said...

gorgeous card Laurie, its brilliant to see Edwin used and in such a fantastic way...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Tara Godfrey said...

Ah what a sweet card! I love the scene you've created with Edwin and the Mini Tilda as a butterfly! I hope Edwin doesn't catch her in the net...poor thing! Love the gorgeous flowers and the all the beautiful details! Thank you so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Lynne said...

Great layout, beautiful butterflies and flowers - just gorgeous!! thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda
Lynne xoxo

Tammy said...

Too cute!! Love the little mini in the corner!! Awesome coloring!

Thank you for playing along with us at 7KCF and hope to see you again!! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful garden setting for your Edwin and Tilda Laurie! Thanks for linking up to the All That Scraps Magnolia "Let's Celebrate Birthdays" Challenge! So glad you did!
Pam Going Postal

Crafty Loops said...

Such a pretty little card, the wee fence is fantastic and the flowers and butterfly are really stunning. Love this card. Lee xx